You are hereIBM FileNet P8
IBM FileNet P8
IBM® FileNet® P8 Platform is a next-generation, unified enterprise foundation for the integrated FileNet P8 products. It combines the enterprise content management reference architecture with comprehensive business process management and compliance capabilities.
IBM® FileNet® Content Manager
Combines powerful document management with ready-to-use workflow and process capabilities to automate and drive your content-related tasks and activities.
- FileNet Content Manager provides the content, security and storage management engine for FileNet P8. It also includes functions for Agile ECM and office document management
- Content anywhere, enabled by the Content Federation Services feature, means that customers can choose to manage content in-place, postpone or avoid costly content migrations yet still standardize on P8.
- Active content means that actions associated with content can trigger pre-defined actions and enable automation.
- Enterprise compliance management leverages core FileNet Content Manager capabilities such as document versioning, content security and lifecycle management.
- A pervasive and persuasive user experience is supported by WorkPlace XT, an out-of-the-box user interface designed for the business user. FileNet Content Manager also supports portals, integration with collaboration tools, integration with Office 2007 and more
- FileNet Content Manager Starter Pack will enable customers to more cost-effectively implement ECM solutions. This full-featured ECM product provides companies with out-of-the-box enterprise capabilities in tiered user license configurations for smaller and departmental deployments.
- DITA support speeds and simplifies the creation of technical publications. Content is componentized, enabling it to be created once, and published multiple times, rendered in different media formats (printed documents, web pages, help files, etc).
IBM® FileNet® Business Process Manager (BPM)
IBM® FileNet® Business Process Manager (BPM) manages workflow among people and systems for content and case-based processes. It helps organizations increase process performance, reduce cycle times and improve productivity and decision making by addressing the creation, management, and optimization of case-based processes to improve business outcomes.
- Provides comprehensive content-centric process management capabilities through included process design and simulation tools, smart electronic forms, rapid application development frameworks, and process monitoring dashboards.
- Leverages latest innovations in web 2.0 composite application environments as part of the Agile ECM framework to accelerate the deployment of case-based applications across the enterprise. The Web 2.0 Mashup based framework and a set of extensible pre-wired ECM Widgets help deliver solutions rapidly and bridge the gap between business and IT.
- Supports active content, where content is made available to users at the right time in the right context without them having to search for it.
- Integrates with records management and content management including Content Manager Enterprise Edition and Content Manager OnDemand. Content Manager Enterprise Edition events can launch processes and processes can operate on Content Manager content.